Since Dec 2011, parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents are eligible to apply for Super Visa which is valid for up to ten years. It allows them to stay in Canada for two years at a time without the need of renewal of their status. This offers a long-term visitor status in Canada. Under normal immigration program, visitors are permitted to Canada only for six months.
Now, one of the criteria to obtain a Parent or Grandparent Super Visa for Canada is to have valid insurance. An applicant should provide a proof stating that they have super visa insurance from a Canadian insurance agency and is valid for minimum one year.
Who needs Super visa insurance?
Anyone applying for the Canadian Super Visa must show they've purchased private medical insurance that meets the Super Visa requirements, these requirements have recently changed. Please check our income requirements for Super visa page for the updated information. All of the Super Visa travel health insurance quotes you obtain today through Green's Toronto will meet the following requirements should you proceed to buy Super Visa health insurance through Green's Toronto. It will:
- Be issued by a Canadian insurance company
- Be valid for the one year period you specify at the time of purchase
- Include the necessary health care, hospitalization and repatriation coverage
- Provide a minimum of $100,000 in coverage, although you can opt for more
CIC has specified a few requirements with respect to medical insurance of the applicants who want to have Super Visa. Applicants are required to submit proof of a private medical insurance policy. This should be:
- The minimum coverage should be $100,000.
- The policy validity should be for period of 1 year from the date of entry to Canada.
- Should cover hospitalization, repatriation and healthcare.
- Must be issued from an Insurance company of Canada
- Valid for each entry to Canada
- Available for review by the port entry officer
- Guaranteed 100% Refund of Premium, if visa denied
- In case if you decide to extend your stay for more than one year you need to purchase a new policy.
Remember that it is the responsibility of the purchaser to get the tentative effective date changed to keep the policy in effect at the preferred date. The day when your parents or grandparents come to Canada, should be the first day of insurance protection policy. The one year coverage starts from that day. All your medical expenses for any emergency, medical diagnoses will cost you in dollars. Our efficient and experienced advisors will guide you and provide you with the best low quotes on insurance that will benefit and provide all the amenities you are looking for your Insurance Policy to cover.
Moreover, when a Super Visa request is turned down for any reason, the applicant is qualified to receive 100% of the premium paid for the visa insurance protection. We promise to process the refunds as soon as the proof of visa denial is sent to us. Pro-rated refunds of premium are also available, if the applicants in case of emergency or decide to return to their home country earlier than their anticipated date of return.
We strive hard to deliver the best Supervisa Insurance plans at your convenience. In most of the cases we guide online, and help you to compare the coverage and provide you the Insurance quotes with the best coverage. Making your stay the memorable one while you are in Canada. Our Team of experts are to be rated among the top advisors in Canada and are known for the service they have been providing in the insurance field.